Our Commitment to You:
What We Collect and How We Collect It:
We collect various kinds of information to help us better serve our customers and visitors to our websites, cloud services and online offerings:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses. For each visitor accessing or using our cloud services or browsing our websites, our web server automatically recognizes and stores the visitor's IP address (the internet protocol address of the visitor's computer) to determine which areas of our website are being visited and how long each visitor spends there. This information helps us understand visitors' traffic patterns through our services and websites so that we can enhance the overall usability of our online offerings. Your computer provides this information automatically each time you log on, unless you have activated blocking technology available in some browsers.
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers. We may also collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- AcerID. In order to allow you to create an AcerID, we need to collect and process the following information: e-mail address, name, surname, social sign-on ID (such as Facebook ID and Google ID), country and language. This information is the minimum and therefore necessary in order to allow you to create an AcerID. Upon creation of the AcerID, you may also complete your profile by providing further information, such as your phone number, address, information necessary for an Acer product registration, and so on. Moreover, you can also manage your personal profile by choosing to receive the Acer newsletter, with regard to which you can effectively unsubscribe at any time.
What We Do with Personal Information:
The personal information you provide may be used to support your customer relationship with Acer. We want to use this data to tailor your experience on our online offerings and with us generally. We do not collect or use the personal information which you submit for any unrelated purposes, other than when obligated or permitted by local laws to do so without informing you in advance or without obtaining your express consent.
Your personal information is collected and subsequently processed for the following purposes:
• To comply with specific requests made by you, such as in order to allow you to create an Acer ID and to give you access to a set of related services (i.e., registration of your Acer device, creation of an own cloud universe with abApps and receiving support). The processing of your personal data for this purpose does not require your previous consent;
• For marketing purposes. Unless you instruct us otherwise, we will send you information about our various product upgrades, special offers and other new products and services from Acer that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Acer (or agents working on behalf of Acer) will send you these direct mailings. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. You may also opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time by contacting Acer; see the opt-out section below.
If applicable laws require so, we will send you these direct mailings only upon your explicit consent (optional). If you have provided your consent but no longer wish to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you receive the newsletter by following the “Unsubscribe procedure” available in the newsletter. You may also opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time by contacting Acer; see the opt-out section below.
Acer will not share your personal information with any outside organization for its use in marketing or solicitation without your prior consent. Your information may be shared with Acer’s agents or contractors for the purpose of providing services, processing transactions or performing statistical analysis for an Acer company. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We only provide third party agents or contractors with the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested service or transaction.
Your information may also be disclosed to third parties where we are legally required or entitled to do so, for example in response to a request from a government or regulatory authority or in connection with potential legal proceedings. Acer is not responsible for the actions of any government or regulatory authority with respect to your information or data.
We may also use your information to comply with laws or to defend ourselves in claims under such laws, or when necessary to exercise Acer's legitimate business interests and needs, in which case special care is taken to safeguard your rights and to ensure any use of your personal information is fair, lawful and proportionate.
If we merge with, or any part of the Acer group is acquired by, another business (or enter into discussions concerning the same) we may share your information with such a business and its advisers; however, if we do so, we will ensure steps are taken so that your rights in relation to your information continue to be protected.
Acer will not knowingly collect online contact information from children or minors (as defined by local requirements), and if we learn that we have personal information about a child or minor, we will delete it from our systems. Acer encourages parents or guardians (including other legal representatives) to spend time online with their children and to participate in their online activities. Children or minors are eligible to use our online sales transactions services only with a parent's or guardian's consent to and payment for the transaction (or to the extent permitted by applicable law). If you are a child or a minor, you are required to get the permission of your parents or guardians in order to complete certain transactions on this online service or website.
User from Outside of the United States:
User from Taiwan:
If you are a user from Taiwan, we hereby draw your attention to the following in accordance with the relevant law and regulations of Taiwan:
- We will maintain and, when necessary, use your personal data from the time when you register as a user of our cloud services through any means until you request us to delete it. The geographical scope of our use of your personal data is limited to Taiwan, the jurisdiction in which you locate and the place where Acers subsidiary operates only.
- You may exercise the following rights with respect to your personal data pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Law:
- any inquiry and request for a review of the personal information (fees apply depending on each individual case);
- any request to make duplications of the personal information (fees apply depending on each individual case);
- any request to supplement or correct the personal information;
- any request to discontinue collection, processing or use of personal information; and
- any request to delete the personal information.
When you exercise the above rights, we would like to draw your attention to the following:
- You may inquire, review, duplicate, supplement or correct your personal information stored in the Acer BYOC Apps servers by accessing the Acer BYOC Apps website;
- You may send an email to AcerCloud_Support@cloud.acer.com to request us to discontinue collection, processing or use of your personal information or to delete your Acer BYOC Apps account.
If you ask us to delete your account, in most cases your account will be deactivated and then deleted from our system within approximately 90 days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity. Please note that any information we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some time after your deletion request. This may be the case even though no account information remains in our active user database. The servers providing Acer BYOC Apps services process and store an enormous amount of information each day and keeps a record of the processing performed. These computer records are called log files. After the information in the log files has been processed, it is stored and blocked from further access. Until the information is stored, your account information may remain in our active server log files.
- If you decline to provide, or request us to cease using, processing and using or request us to delete, your personal data, we will be unable to contact you for the relevant matters regarding our cloud services, keep a record for future inquiry, provide you with the latest information of the our cloud services or conduct customer review, and we may not continue our services and shall not be responsible for any losses arising therefrom.
- In the event that the personal data which you provide to us is insufficient to confirm the authenticity of your identity, or that it is the result of any false identity or identity theft or is unreal, we are entitled to terminate our services to you. We apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result thereof, if any.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Aggregated Information:
Acer may also collect, aggregate and maintain anonymous information about our customers and visitors to our online offerings, such as visitors' hobbies, interests, purchasing habits and the like. This data can then be used to tailor our content and advertising to deliver a better experience for our visitors. In addition, Acer may also share such aggregate information about our visitors with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties, for example, to inform them of the percentage of male/female visitors or the percentage of visitors within a particular age range.
We protect the personal information which you share with us. At Acer, access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their work. It is our policy to maintain the integrity of any personal information in our possession. To prevent security breaches, Acer uses several security techniques, such as SET or industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for transmission of credit card information or wherever personal information is required, to protect any personal information from unauthorized access by users; however, we cannot and do not guarantee security on the internet.
Inquiries or Questions Your Rights:
In connection with processing of your personal data, you have certain rights:
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is processed as well as to which personal data is processed.
- You have the right to be informed of (i) the source of your personal data; (ii) the purposes and methods of the processing; (iii) the data custodian’s identity; and (iv) the third-party entities or categories of entities to whom or which the personal data may be communicated.
- You have the right to obtain: (i) updating, rectification or integration of your data; and (ii) erasure, anonymization or blocking of your data if processed unlawfully.
- You have the right to object, in whole or in part (i) on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data, even though the data is relevant to the purpose of the collection; and (ii) to the processing of your personal data, where it is made for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling, or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
If you have questions or concerns about Acer policies and practices for handling personal information received through this online service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, for specific application and/or local data handling queries, please contact the Acer entity to which you submitted your information. Contact addresses for each Acer entity can be found at http://www.acer-group.com/officelist.html. In order to allow us to provide you with faster service, please submit inquiries in English if possible and advise us of the country you are contacting us from, along with a description of the make and model of your products (if applicable).
How to Opt Out of Our Use of Your Personal Information:
You may, at any time, opt-out of our use of your personal information by contacting Acer (see below). We will remove your personal information from our database(s) as soon as reasonably possible.
Other websites that are linked to/from our online service may have different policies. Acer does not share any personal information collected with those websites and is not responsible for any information or content of those websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on those websites for details. Acer does not warrant or support any information or policies given on any website that is not controlled by Acer.